Details of my editing services
- Please contact me here with editing requests or questions.
- My hourly rate for editing services is CHF 90 (CHF 70 for students). The amount of time I need for editing depends on the length of the text and the extent of revisions required / requested. I can provide a cost estimate in advance if necessary.
- I offer translation services (German to English) in addition to editing assistance. Please contact me to discuss your specific needs.
- I usually require one week to edit a manuscript for a journal article of standard length, but I try to accommodate more urgent requests. Please include your preferred deadline with your request.
- I am familiar with both American and British language conventions. Please indicate your preference with your editing request, along with any other style requirements.
- I add my suggestions electronically, using the ‘Track Changes’ function in Microsoft Word, the OverLeaf interface (for LaTEX documents), or the editing tools available in Adobe Acrobat (for PDFs). I make detailed comments throughout the document explaining my suggestions.
- I value personal contact with authors and enjoy discussing my editing suggestions and providing follow-up advice on texts when necessary. I typically correspond with authors via email or phone, but meeting in person can also be arranged in many cases.
- Most authors seek my assistance for improving the content and English language of their texts. However, I am familiar with the style requirements for manuscript submission to various scientific journals. If you would like me to edit these elements (e.g., references, figure and table formatting), please note this in your request and specify the target journal.